Action Martial Arts
Action Martial Arts is your destination for self-defense training and safety education. Through the art of Krav Maga, we teach our students to “maintain life” and focus on preservation in real-life situations. We offer classes for civilians ages 13+, as well as classes specifically for law enforcement officers.
Self Defense in the Face of Danger
Being able to defend yourself against attack is an essential human right. Being able to protect yourself effectively is only possible if you learn the right discipline. At Action Martial Arts, we’re proponents of teaching Krav Maga in Albuquerque, NM, and we believe it to be the most effective form of self-defense and self-preservation. Krav Maga can be used to counter almost any type of martial arts or assailant weapon because of the fluidity of its movements and the effectiveness of its design.
Krav Maga was developed by Israeli Defense Forces as a way to swiftly disarm combatants. The purpose of Krav Maga is to “maintain life,” which is fundamental for self-defense in Albuquerque, NM. It employs purposeful offensive and defensive movements and strikes to disarm combatants and immobilize them, allowing you to neutralize them or flee danger.
- Instructor Tony McKenzie is 2nd in the United States for IPP Krav Maga knives and gun disarms.
- Tony McKenzie holds a black belt in IPP Krav Maga, with additional training in Jiu Jitsu, Filipino Martial Arts, Wing Chun and Hapkido.
- All new clients have the opportunity to watch a class free of charge, as well as participate in their first class at no cost!
- We’re affiliated with the Individual Personal Protection Program (IPP).
- Our classes are available to private citizens (13+), as well as law enforcement professionals.
- Krav Maga is known to be highly-effective for women’s self defense.
- Pen fighting classes are also available.
Learn How to Maintain Life
To ensure you have the skills to defend yourself and preserve your safety during real-world, dangerous situations, we invite you to learn the art of Krav Maga with us today.